Hutt Camera Club runs a number of internal ladder competitions throughout the year with a set subject and open category, and a once a year portfolio competition.
Internal Ladder Competitions:
Everyone is encouraged to enter both print and digital images into these competitions. There are four though out the year with three grades (Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced).
- Fun and are a chance to show off your best images
- An opportunity to gain constructive feedback on your images
- An opportunity to learn from others images
The 2019 ladder set subjects are:
- Black & White (deadline for entries 26/03/2019)
- Nature (deadline for entries 28/05/2019)
- Movement (deadline for entries 23/07/2019)
- Colour (deadline for entries 24/09/2019)
Our portfolio competitions consist of a set of six (6) prints which sit well together as a set. There are two competitions, the Dorothy Comley Memorial Trophy for beginners and the Cliff Perry Memorial Trophy for everyone else.
Deadline for 2019 entries is: 22/10/2019
The portfolio competitions are often seen as the first step to creating a set of images for the LPSNZ distinction that can be applied for through PSNZ (Photographic Society of New Zealand Inc.)
Hutt Camera Club also enters in local (Wellington Region) inter-club battles, as well as regional and national PSNZ inter-club competitions run, giving our members an opportunity to test the waters on a national level.